Tour South Valley
This tour is known as the route of the sun or the route of Manco Inca where I arrive to the Cusco of Qollau, the place has a majestic combination of beautiful natural landscapes, where we can also observe Inca architecture in Tipon, the pre-Inca architecture of the Wari culture in Pikillacta, we will also visit Andahuaylillas known for its famous “Sistine Chapel of America”, without forgetting its gastronomy in an Andean flavor, that can be tasted in Saylla, Huasao, come with us to enjoy this beauty and pleasant excursion.
- 08:30 – 09:00 Pick up from your hotel and transfer by tourist bus.
- Guided tour of the Tipon Archaeological Group
- Guided tour of the Pikillacta Archaeological Group.
- Guided Tour of the “Sistine Chapel of America”
- 14:00 – 14:30 Transfer by bus to the city of Cusco.
The tour to the south valley starts from the Hotel of the Cusco from 8:40 am to go to the archaeological center of Tipon.
It is an archaeological complex located 18 km from Cusco, which corresponds to the Inca Empire in which you can appreciate a spectacular hydraulic system. It was a ceremonial center for water and agricultural production that was very important, and then we will visit the archaeological center of Pikillacta.
It is located 30 km from Cusco, the pre-Inca archaeological site where the narrow streets and houses erected by the Wari culture are preserved. Where you can see the wonder of the Huacarpay lagoon, it is best known for having many varieties of birds that this lodge. Then we will continue with our journey to the Sistine Chapel of Andahuaylillas.
We will visit its famous Church, considered the SIXTH CHAPEL OF AMERICA, which excites one of the most beautiful examples of colonial art, its altar is bathed with 24 carat gold leaf, mural, Cusco school canvases and polychrome ceiling after finishing our Visit we will return to Cusco 15: pm the tour ends at the main square.
TIPS AND RECOMENDATIONS
The Tour South Valley includes:
- Professional Tourism Guide in English or Spanish.
- All transfers from and to your hotel in Cusco
- Entrance to the Sistine Chapel of America.
For the South Valley Tour, it is Necessary:
- The Partial or Full Tourist Ticket.
The Tour to the South Valley does NOT include:
- Additional food (except buffet lunch).
- Gratuities and no extra expenses.
What to bring for the South Valley Tour:
- Slippers, poles, pants, shorts, poncho (for rainy season November – April)
- Sun hat, sunscreen, bottled water and personal medicines.
- Extra Money, Cameras.