Short Inca Trail 2 Days / 1 Night
Short on time or energy? You can still enjoy part of the Inca Trail. This is an easy but amazing trek for 2017! The adventure lasts only 2 days and you will visit the most beautiful ruins on the Inca trail, Wiñay Wayna, and then have the grand tour of Machu Picchu!
Check the Short Inca Trail Availability now! Our team provides possibility for you to check availability on our page, we update information weekly. For any further information please contact Viva Cusco Tour Operator.
Short, Fast, Easy Inca Trail in 2 Days and 1 Night
- 6:00-7:30 Transfer from hotel to train station in Ollantaytambo.
- 7:45-9:00 We will board the train.
- Visit to the ruins of Chachabamba and Wiñaywayna, Walk to Intipunku (the gate of the sun).
- 3:20-400 p.m. Panoramic view of Machu Picchu.
- 4:00-4:30 We will take a bus to the town of Aguas Calientes.
- You will have free time to visit the market, the museum, or the hot springs.
- You will spend the night in the hotel of your choice.
- 6:00-6:30 a.m. Transfer hotel-bus station-Machu Picchu.
- 7:00-10:00 Guided tour of Machu Picchu.
- You will have free time to take pictures, have lunch, or visit the museum or market.
- 6:30-8:20 p.m. Return to Ollantaytambo by train.
- 8:30-10:30 Return to Cusco by bus.
Day 1 of the SHORT Inca Trail – Km 104 to Machu Picchu (Meals: L,D)
We will pick you up from your hotel at around 6:00 a.m. (depending on train time) and take you to the train station. We will travel first by bus and then by train, on a very picturesque route for 3.5 hrs. until we reach Km 104 – the start of the Inca trail to Machu Picchu. From there, we will trek uphill for about 4 hours to the Inca site of Wiñay Wayna (Quechua for Forever Young) (2700m/8850 ft.). While there we will have a box lunch and then spend some time enjoying this impressive site before merging onto the path of the classic Inca Trail.
We will continue the hike on to Inti Punku (Sun gate) (2730m/8792ft) from where we will have a panoramic and breathtaking view of Machu Picchu (2400m/7873ft). We will walk down the last part of the Inca trail to the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu allowing you to get a quick glimpse in preparation for the next day. We will take a side path off the Inca trail to go down to the town of Aguas Calientes. We finish the day going down to Aguas Calientes and having dinner at a local restaurant.
Total walking hours: 06 hrs (09 km.) – Initial altitude 2100 m. – Final 2,730 m.
Overnight in Aguas Calientes (Altitude: 2000m, 6500ft)
Day 2 of the SHORT Inca Trail – Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu (Meals: B)
We have breakfast and then take the first bus (6 am) up to Machu Picchu. We’ll see the beautiful sunrise and have the grand tour of Machu Picchu by visiting the most important temples in the ruins for about 2.5 hrs. You will have some free time to go on exploring the site on your own.
For an additional fee, we can get the entrance tickets for Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu (the top of the mountain we see in every picture of Machu Picchu) 2720m/8890ft. This optional hike should be booked in advance (it takes a 50 min to reach the top and another 50 min to hike down).
You will have the afternoon free for you to have lunch, visit the hot springs of Aguas Calientes or the small market or museum. Finally, you will travel by train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then by bus to Cusco. Transfer to your hotel.
Total walking hours: 04 hrs (06 km) – Initial altitude 2000 m. Final 2,400 m.
Train back to Ollantaytambo, bus back to Cusco, and transfer to your hotel.
TIPS AND RECOMENDATIONS
The Short Fast Inca Trail Package Includes:
- Professional, bilingual Tour Guide.
- All transfers from and to your hotel
- Train Journey: Ollantaytambo – Km 104
- Train Journey: Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus ride: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Bus Journey: Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Entrance tickets for the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- 1-night basic hotel in Aguas Calientes (hot shower, private bath, cable TV, breakfast)
- 1 breakfast, 1 box-lunch, 1 dinner (breakfast on day 1 and lunch on day 2 are not included)
- Oxygen bottle, First Aid kit
- Vegetarian food on request at no extra cost!
The Short Inca Trail Package Does Not Include:
- International or domestic flights
- Tips or extra expenses
What you need to take for this tour:
- Original Passport, International Student Card (ISIC card) if applicable
- Walking boots, Waterproof jacket, Rain poncho, T-shirts, trousers
- Sun hat, Sunscreen, Insect repellent, Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Bottled Water and Personal medication
- Shorts, Plasters, bandages, Extra money, Bathing suit, Cameras
- Travel Insurance is recommended