Sacred Valley Tour of the Incas and Maras Moray in 1 Day – Vip Valley
The tour of the VIP Valley – Sacred Valley of the Incas connected with the salt mines of Maras and the agricultural terraces Inca of Moray is an unforgettable tour for people who have little time in the city of Cusco. You will appreciate the beautiful Inca Valley and snow-capped mountains, fields of culture and villages full of color and tradition. VIVA CUSCO offers a Tourist Bus for your comfortable trip.
- 06:30 – 07:00 Pick up from your hotel and transfer by tourist bus.
- Guided tour of the church and archaeological group of Chinchero
- Guided tour in the salt mines of Maras.
- Guided tour at the Moray agricultural interpretation center.
- Guided tour of the Archaeological Group of Ollantaytambo.
- Lunch buffet in tourist restaurant in Urubamba.
- Visit the town of Pisaq.
- Guided tour of Pisaq archaeological group.
- Visit to the viewpoint of the Sacred Valley of the Incas – Taray
- 19:00 – 19:30 Transfer by bus to the city of Cusco.
In just one day, this tour allows you to visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas, the salt mines of Maras and the agricultural terraces of Moray. You will enjoy the beautiful natural landscapes and a town full of culture and tradition. Recommended tour for individuals and / or groups of all ages.
We start the tour with the pick up from your hotel at 06:30 hours to go to the picturesque town of Chinchero where we will appreciate the remains of the royal hacienda of Tupac Inca Yupanqui, a beautiful colonial temple with interesting frescoes on the porch (this place was built on the foundations of an Inca construction). We can also admire the Inca walls in the main square of the village, etc.
Continuing with our tour we will visit the town of Maras, located 52 km from Cusco at an altitude of 3,380 m; the importance of the place is given by the mines of salt that it possesses; these salt mines are composed of about 3000 small wells of approximately 5 m ² from which the salt is extracted. The production of salt follows the process of extraction and drying of the salt water from an underground spring. The “Salinas de Maras” have been exploited since the time of the Incas in which it was used as a means of economic exchange.
We then proceed to the Archaeological Group of Moray, located about 7 km. Of Maras. Moray is a group of terraces or circular platforms of different sizes, which at the time of the Incas were used as an agricultural experimental center; this was where they performed their studies of adapting plants to new ecosystems. In Moray 1 observes how the overlapping of the concentric rings of stone widens as it rises; the total depth is one 150 m.
Our lunch will be buffet style in a tourist restaurant in the city of Urubamba.
In the afternoon we head to the village of Ollantaytambo; There we will go up first to the Inca archaeological complex that was built to guard and protect against invasions, then there will be time to walk the streets of this small town and thus have a clearer idea of how this military, religious and cultural center was during the Period of the Inca Empire.
Then the bus will take us to the town of Pisaq to visit the local market; we will immediately ascend the archaeological complex of Pisaq and appreciate the agricultural terraces, cemeteries and real Inca constructions.
Continuing, we will pass by the viewpoint of the Sacred Valley of the Incas; here we can take excellent views and photos of the Andes Mountains and the Sacred Valley itself.
Finally, we will return in the bus to the city of Cusco and arrive around 19:30 hours.
TIPS AND RECOMENDATIONS
The Sacred Valley VIP Tour includes:
- Professional Tourism Guide in English or Spanish.
- All transfers from and to your hotel in Cusco.
- Buffet Lunch in Urubamba
For the Sacred Valley VIP Tour, it is Necessary:
- The Partial or Full Tourist Ticket.
- Entrance to the saltpans of Maras.
The Tour to the Sacred Valley VIP Tour does NOT include:
- Additional food (except buffet lunch).
- Gratuities and no extra expenses.
What to bring for the Sacred Valley VIP:
- Slippers, poles, pants, shorts, poncho (for rainy season November – April)
- Sun hat, sunscreen, bottled water and personal medicines.
- Extra Money, Cameras.