Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour
The tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas is a great option for people who want to enjoy the beauty of this wonderful Andean Paradise. Explore the Inca ruins of Ollantaytambo, Pisac and much more. Viva Cusco offers daily departures in addition to a comfortable bus tour.
Sacred Valley of the Incas Tour – 1 Day
- 8:30 – 9:00 Pick up from your hotel to board the bus.
- 9:30 – 9:45 Visit to the market of Qorao
- 10:20 – 10:50 Visit to the town of Pisaq.
- 11:00 – 11:50 Guided tour of the ruins in Pisaq.
- 13:00 – 14:30 Buffet Lunch in Urubamba.
- 15:00 – 16:20 Guided tour of the ruins of Ollantaytambo.
- 16:20 – 16:35 Visit to the town market of Ollantaytambo.
- 17:30 – 18:00 Guided tour of the church and ruins in Chinchero.
- 18:00 – 18:30 Transfer by bus to Cusco.
Full Day Tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas
Our staff will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at around 8:45 am to take you to our bus and start the tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will visit the following archeological sites and attractions:
Qorao market. After a 30 min ride in our bus, we will start the tour at one of our traditional markets, Qorao. Here you will appreciate the beautiful work of local Artisans. You can get some souvenirs and, of course, take pictures with llamas.
Pisaq market and archaeological group. After going to the lookout (Lookout) of the Sacred Valley
Where we can take great pictures of the Andes Mountains and the Valley itself, we will head to the traditional town of Pisaq. There, we will visit the market and learn a bit more about the lifestyle of the local people. We will then visit a traditional oven where we can have some delicious typical pizzas, bread, etc. After that, we will visit the archaeological complex and see the agricultural terraces, Inca cemeteries and royal Inca buildings. Our buffet lunch will be in a restaurant in the town of Urubamba.
Ollantaytambo. Later in the afternoon, we will head to Ollantaytambo, which was built to guard the entrance to this part of the valley and to protect the Incas themselves from possible invasions. We will walk the streets and see the archaeological complex of this little town to get a clear idea of what this military, religious, and cultural center was really like during the period of the Inca Empire.
Chinchero. Later, on the way back to Cusco, we will visit the picturesque village of Chinchero where we will see the remains of the royal estate of Tupac Inca Yupanqui and a colonial temple. The colonial temple was built on top of the Inca estate. You will also see the well-preserved Inca Walls at the main plaza.
After the guided tour, we will return to Cusco. The tour lasts about nine hours ends at Regocijo Square (a half away block from the main square) at around 6:30 pm.
TIPS AND RECOMENDATIONS
The Tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas Includes:
- Professional Tourism Guide in English or Spanish
- All transfers from and to your hotel in Cusco
- Buffet Lunch in Urubamba
- For the Tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas is necessary:
- The Partial or Full Tourist Ticket.
The Tour to the Sacred Valley of the Incas does NOT include:
- Additional food (except buffet lunch).
- Gratuities and no extra expenses.
What to bring for the City Tour:
- Slippers, poles, pants, shorts, poncho (for rainy season November – April)
- Sun hat, sunscreen, bottled water and personal medicines.
- Extra Money, Cameras.