Machupicchu Executive in Train – Full Day
VIVA CUSCO, gives you the chance to visit one of the 7 New Wonders of the World in just 1 day and MachuPicchu by Train tour is a great option! We have guaranteed daily tours for all: single travelers and groups. This tour starts and ends in Cusco.
For those who are short on time but looking for a little adventure, we have a Short Inca Trail. This is a 2 days and 1 night trek to Machu Picchu. On the way you will get to explore the ancient Inca road and experience the mystic and deep history along the way.
MachuPicchu by Train in 1 Day – 1 Full Day Tour
- 05:50 – 07:30 Transfer from hotel to Ollantaytambo by bus.
- Travel by Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes.
- Reception in the Aguas Calientes train station.
- Bus journey from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu.
- Guided tour of one of the New 7 wonders of the world, Machu Picchu.
- Free time to go back to Aguas Calientes, have lunch, see the town, or relax in the Hot Springs.
- Return to Ollantaytambo by train.
- 20:30 – 22:30 Return to Cusco by bus for your overnight in Cusco.
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at around 6:00 a.m. to head to Ollantaytambo. Bring with you a small backpack for your comfort. We will arrive at about 7:30 a.m. and from there we will take a train to Aguas Calientes. The MachuPicchu by Train trip from Cusco to Aguas Calientes takes about 4 hours, and there are many spectacular views along the way. Passing through lush fields and colorful villages in the foothills of the Andes, we will also go by the Urubamba River which runs through the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
Our staff will be waiting for you at the train station in Aguas Calientes at 09:15 a.m. and together we will take the bus up to MachuPicchu through a zigzagging path on a 25-minute bus ride.
Once in Machu Picchu, from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm, our guide will have a guided tour. You will see the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and the Royal Inca Cemeteries. The guided tour at MachuPicchu lasts about 3 hours and after the tour you will have some free time to explore, take pictures, or just walk around the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu. So get your camera ready and enjoy your visit to Machu Picchu by train. One of the 7 Modern Wonders of the World!
You will have the afternoon free before taking train back to Ollantaytambo to have lunch, visit the hot springs in Aguas Calientes or visit the small market or museum. You can have lunch in the town of Aguas Calientes or a special one at the Sanctuary Lodge Hotel (lunch is not included in the package).
Finally, at around 06:00 pm you will travel by train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and then by bus to Cusco. The transfer to your hotel is at around 10:30 pm.
TIPS AND RECOMENDATIONS
The 1-day tour of MachuPicchu by Train Package Includes:
- Pick up and Transfers: Airport – Hotel – Airport
- Professional English speaking Tour Guide
- All transfers from and to your hotel
- Train Journey: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo
- Bus Journey: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Bus ride: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu
The Machu Picchu by Train Package Does Not Include:
- International or domestic flights
- Tips or extra expenses
What you need to take for this tour:
- Original Passport, International Student Card (ISIC card) if applicable
- Sneakers, T-shirts, Pants, Shorts, Bathing suit, and Sun hat
- Waterproof jacket and Rain poncho from Nov to Mar.
- Sunscreen, Bottled Water, and Personal medication
- Cameras and Extra money
- Travel Insurance is recommended