Machupicchu by Car 2 Days -1 Night
Great, fast and comfortable alternative tour to Machu Picchu by Car. Travel with the group of friends or family, and have an opportunity meet new people on the way! Just sit, lay back and enjoy changing landscape of Andean mountain and subtropical jungle in a safe and pleasant journey to Machu Picchu!
Machu Picchu by Car – Two Days, One Night Tour
Day 1: Cusco – Abra Malaga – Santa Teresa – Aguas Calientes
- 07:30 am: Departure from Cusco and the start of the tour in private van.
- 10:30 am: First stop in Ollantaytambo
- 11:30 am: Stop at the Carrizales, 15-minute break. The start of the descent.
- 12:30 pm: Quick stop at Stop Alfamayo area.
- 13:00 pm: Stop in the town of Santa Maria.
- 13:30 pm: Stop for lunch in Santa Teresa.
- 16:00 pm: Arrival at the hydroelectric area.
- 18:20 pm: Departure by train to Aguas Calientes.
- 17:20 pm: Arrival at the village of Aguas Calientes. Relax at thermal baths in Aguas Calientes (optional)
- 20:00 pm: Dinner and Overnight at a hostel
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- 04:00 am: Breakfast in your hostel
- 04:20 am: Hike to the ruins the hike from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu Ruins (bus service is available and optional).
- 06:00 am: Guided tour of the citadel of Machu Picchu.
- 08:30 am: Free own time in Machu Picchu.
- 11:30 am: Return train from Aguas Calientes to Hydroelectric.
- 14:40 pm: Return to Cusco by private van.
- 21:30 pm: Arrival in Cusco.
As an alternative Train tour to Machu Picchu, Tour in Peru offers you same tour by car. During this tour by car you will get to know the natural Inca wonders on top of the Andean mountains. On the way you will feel different micro climates, from subtropical jungle humidity to Andean Mountains snow- covered valleys and chilly rains. 2 days and 1 night tour by car is an affordable and worth way to reach Machu Picchu!
Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Abra Malaga – Santa Teresa – Aguas Calientes (Lunch, Dinner)
At 8:30 the private van will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco to start the tour. Once we will leave the city you will start to admire the landscapes of the Sacred Valley. The low vegetation extensive hills, the Urubamba red clay hills, eucalyptus trees everywhere on the road and authentic villages and communities of Quechua region.
First stop on a Day 1 will be in the town of Ollantaytambo (2792 m.) The town which gives you better understanding and real picture of the local people lives, buildings and culture. We will continue to the path towards the top of the mountains. After the leaving the valley of Ollantaytambo you will get a peak of snowy landscapes with almost no vegetation and fog around. On the way the Abra Malaga at 4320 m above sea level will be passed by this area is often covered in a thick clouds, snow or rain.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Cusco
After a restful night at your hostel in Aguas Calientes, very early in the morning we will start hiking up to Machu Picchu. For those who don’t feel climbing for approx. 1/5 hour there are bus services which will bring you to Machu Picchu in 30 minutes, in this case you need take first bus to meet the rest of the group for the guided tour.
Once everybody is up, it’s time for the guided Machu Picchu tour with our professional guide.
The tour through the temples, houses, agricultural terraces, patios and every corner of Machu Picchu will leave you speechless. Don’t be afraid ask questions to your guide, feel free, our team is here for you to complete your journey! After the guided tour you will have your own free time to keep exploring the ruins, take more amazing pictures or just enjoy the mystic and tranquility of Machu Picchu. Leave some time for coming back to Aguas Calientes and have some time in a town to have lunch or buy souvenirs and meet locals.
The return to Cusco will start from Aguas Calientes same road as we arrived. We will start traveling back to Cusco at around 11.30 and will arrive in Cusco at 9.30 pm.
TIPS AND RECOMENDATIONS
Machu Picchu by Car Package Includes:
- Private van ride Cusco-Hydroelectric-Cusco
- Train Tickets Hydroelectric-Aguas Calientes-Hydroelectric
- Overnight at hotel in Aguas Calientes
- 1 lunch (day 1), 1 dinner (day 1) and breakfast (day 2)
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu
- Professional guide in English or Spanish
Machu Picchu by Car Package Does Not include:
- Bus up from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Lunch on second day
- Entrance to the hot springs in Aguas Calientes town
- Tips, or additional expenses
Tips what to bring for the tour:
- Original passport, International Student Identity Card (ISIC) if applicable
- Shoes or hiking shoes, waterproof jacket, polo shirts, pants, rain poncho (Nov-Mar)
- Sun hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, cosmetics and hand sanitizer
- Mineral water and personal medicine kit
- Shorts, plasters, bandages, extra money, swimwear
- Cameras, flashlights