Cusco City Tour – Middle Day
The Cusco city tour combines attractions from the Inca Culture, and from colonial times. Viva Cusco will provide a tourist transport for the tour, as well as a professional guide to acquire cultural information during your visit.
Cusco City Tour – Middle Day
- 13:30 – 14:00 Pick up from your hotel to board the tourist bus.
- Tour of the Cathedral of Cusco.
- Tour of the Temple of the Sun.
- Transfer from Koricancha to Sacsayhuaman.
- Tour of the Archaeological Group of Sacsayhuaman.
- Tour of the Archaeological Group of Qenqo.
- Tour of the Archaeological Group of Puca Pucará.
- Tour of the Archaeological Group of Tambomachay.
18:20 – 18:35 Transfer by tourist bus from Tambomachay to the center of Cusco.
Cusco City Tour – Half a Day Tour
Our staff will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco at around 1:45 pm to take you to our bus and start the tour of Cusco and its surroundings. We will visit the following archeological and religious attractions from the Inca Culture:
Qoricancha Temple and the Santo Domingo Convent. This is a religious center known as “Temple of the Sun”, actually, it was the most important Temple in Inca Times. What stands out here is the impressive engineering that was employed in its construction, and the paintings from the Cusquenian School housed inside.
Tour of the Cathedral. This is a colonial and religious monument of extraordinary artistic value; a variety of artistic works is found there.
Tour of Sacsayhuaman. It is located 3 km. outside of Cusco. This is an impressive fortress of excellent architecture;
It is famous for its construction based on rocks. Some of these rocks are about 9 m (30 ft) high and weigh more than 350 tons. Sacsayhuaman is the place where the “Inti Raymi” (Party of the Sun) is celebrated every 24th of June.
Tour of Qenqo. This was a ceremonial and religious center in Inca times. Qenqo was an amphitheater in which sacrifices used to take place.
Tour of Pucapucara. This was an old Tambo (rest and guard post); these posts used to be found all along the Inca Trail paths (walkways) in Inca Times.
Tour of Tambomachay. This was a ceremonial center where the Incas used to worship the water; it is also known as the place of the waters of the eternal youth.
The tour lasts about five hours and ends at Regocijo Square (a half away block from the main square) at around 6:30 pm.
TIPS AND RECOMENDATIONS
The City Tour of Cusco Includes:
- Professional Tourism Guide in English or Spanish
- All transfers from and to your hotel in Cusco
For the City Tour of Cusco it is necessary:
- The Partial or Full Tourist Ticket.
- Entrance to the Koricancha or Temple of the Sun.
- Entrance to the Cathedral of Cusco.
The City Tour does NOT include:
- Gratuities and no extra expenses.
What to bring for the City Tour:
- Slippers, poles, pants, shorts, poncho (for rainy season November – April)
- Sun hat, sunscreen, bottled water and personal medicines.
- Extra Money, Cameras.